Part-Time Cashier Description
Riverside Reptiles Education Center is Hiring! 1 Position Available
Cashier ● Part time ● Weekend Availability a Must
Processes customer purchases in a courteous and friendly manner, including verifying, renewing, upgrading and offering several types of memberships, scanning merchandise, and accepting various forms of payments. Provides excellent customer service in an efficient and productive manner. Maintains the overall cleanliness of the gift shop.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
• Exhibits clear understanding of all RREC Membership options, including the importance of renewals/sign-ups
• Provides a high level of customer service to all who enter the center and checks customers out in a timely and efficient manner.
• Scans all merchandise through a point-of-sale system.
• Collects payments via cash or card from customers; and issues receipts, or change due to customers.
• Stays up-to-date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements, and product information.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the gift shop area and assists in general housekeeping when necessary.
• Returns re-sellable merchandise to the sales floor area.
• Required to meet cashier productivity expectations.
• Maintains all RREC policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned/needed.
• Ability to stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
• Prior cashier or sales experience highly preferred.
Environmental Job Conditions
• Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally bend, reach, and/or stoop to restock inventory.
• Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There will be occasional exposure to cleaning agents due to COVID-19 sanitation requirements.
RREC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Please send a resume and detailed email stating why you would be a good fit for the position, to Jessica LaPolt, Administrative Manager at email@example.com.
The position is open until filled.